Uttarakhand Gramin Bank came into existence on Nov 1, 2012 through amalgamation of erstwhile SBI sponsored Uttaranchal Gramin Bank and BOB sponsored Nainital Almora Kshetriya Gramin Bank. UGB is committed to provide customer centric banking services in all 13 districts of Uttarakhand through its network of 260 branches. Earning constant profits while making significant contribution to socio economic development of the state through providing banking services in the remotest hilly rural areas has been one of the most significant achievements of UGB.
Some of our achievements in FY: 2013-14:-
- Total business at 4243.98 Cr. with a growth of 22.28% during FY 2013-14; the highest in the state.
- Profit: Rs. 11.30 Cr. during FY 2013-14;
- CD Ratio: 55.53%; the highest in the state
- Development oriented credit disbursal: Rs. 798.78 Cr.
- 78.26% loans to priority sector against prescribed norms of 60%
- 23 new braches opened in 2013-14; Second largest banking network in the state with 260 fully CBS branches
- NEFT/RTGS/ECS/EFT/Internet Banking/ATM/SMS Alert/E-Tax facilities already introduced; Mobile KCC banking in the pipeline
- ATM cards provided to all KCC holders
- Life & non life insurance products of SBI Life and National Insurance Co. available at all branches
- 7 CIFs qualified for MDRT during current fiscal
- Corporate agency of UTI for issuing PAN cards
- Tie up with Western Union Money Transfer for receiving remittances from abroad
- NRE/ NRO accounts introduced
- Free accidental insurance of Rs. 1 lac to all SB a/c holders
- Tie up with Source Trace & C-Edge to provide ICT based solutions for Financial Inclusion; 286 Banking Correspondents appointed
- R-SETI established in Pithoragarh to train rural youth for self employment
- Concessional credit to differently abled persons through tie up with NHFDC
- Gramin Gas Connection Yojna introduced for BPL families in collaboration with UK govt.
- Subsidized credit for purchase of solar heating & lighting equipments with NABARD’s help
- Gramin Pay Order (Bank Draft) facility payable at SBI branches throughout India introduced
- 20 Ultra small branches under Financial Inclusion scheme
- To propagate Financial Literacy FLCs opened in Dehrdun , Almora. Bageshwar, Tehri, Haridwar & Pithoragarh
- Art exhibitions held on regular basis at UGB Art Gallery
- Standardized customer friendly, comfortable interiors introduced for all branches
- Widespread coverage of the bank in print and electronic media
I am thankful to our customers for the trust they have vested in us and my team for their dedicated efforts braving the toughest geographical conditions. Miles we have come and miles we have to go. Our achievements satisfy and inspire me at the same time. My aim is to bring smiles to the faces of hundreds of thousands of our customers/people whose lives we have touched or striving to touch through development banking in the truest sense.