Uttarakhand Gramin Bank came into existence on Nov 1, 2012 through amalgamation of erstwhile SBI sponsored Uttaranchal Gramin Bank and BOB sponsored Nainital Almora Kshetriya Gramin Bank. UGB is committed to provide customer centric banking services in all 13 districts of Uttarakhand through its network of 286 branches. Earning constant profits while making significant contribution to socio economic development of the state through providing banking services in the remotest hilly rural areas has been one of the most significant achievements of UGB.
Some of our achievements in FY: 2016-17:-
- Total business at 6111.80 Cr with a growth of 15.42 % during FY 2016-17;
- Opearting profit 44.97 Cr
- Net Profit after Tax: Rs 3.84 Cr. during FY 2016-17;
- CD Ratio: 47.98 %
- Development oriented credit disbursal: Rs. 676.89 Cr.
- Second largest banking network in the state with 286 fully CBS branches
- NEFT/RTGS/ECS/EFT/Internet Banking/ATM/SMS Alert/E-Tax facilities/E commerce/Mobile Banking introduced,IMPS inward introduced/Balance Enquiry Through Missed Call introduced
- ATM cards provided to all KCC holders
- Life & non life insurance products of SBI Life, SBI General Insurance and National Insurance Co. available at all branches
- 6 CIFs qualified for MDRT during current fiscal
- Corporate agency of UTI for issuing PAN cards
- Tie up with Western Union Money Transfer for receiving remittances from abroad
- NRE/ NRO accounts facility available
- C-Edge to providing ICT based solutions for Financial Inclusion; As on date bank has got 581 Bankingng Correspondents
- Concessional credit to differently abled persons through tie up with NHFDC
- Concessional credit through tie up with NSKFDC
- Concessional credit through tie up with NSTFDC
- Concessional credit through tie up with NOBCFDC
- Concessional credit through tie up with HUDDCO
- AEPS off us , On us facility introduced
- 254 V- SAT installed in Dark area
- 3 Solar V-SAT installed in dark area having no electricity nor any connectivity
- Kiosk Banking made fully
- 650 Micro ATM purchased for opreationl BC channel
- Social scheme introduced for BC to purchase Laptop for Kiosk Banking
- Gramin Pay Order (Bank Draft) facility payable at SBI branches throughout India.
- To propagate Financial Literacy FLCs opened in New Tehri, Haridwar & U S Nagar
- Art exhibitions held on regular basis at UGB Art Gallery
- Standardized customer friendly, comfortable interiors introduced for all branches
- Widespread coverage of the bank in print and electronic media
I am thankful to our customers for the trust they have vested in us and my team for their dedicated efforts braving the toughest geographical conditions. Miles we have come and miles we have to go. Our achievements satisfy and inspire me at the same time. My aim is to bring smiles to the faces of hundreds of thousands of our customers/people whose lives we have touched or striving to touch through development banking in the truest sense.